Report Abuse

Point Potential may "EXIST", but they are NOT legitimate...

[Q=dawnb204] Well, I guess my question has been answered. They almost suckered me in but I'm glad I started asking questions before they did. It does disturb me however that Whydham has shared my personal information with all these scam artists. I guess there is no such thing as "privacy" in this world anymore.... [/Q] Congratulations on not "volunteering". Well done.... In all fairness, I don't think that you should necessarily assume that Wyndham ever released your personal information. After all, it would clearly be against Wyndham's own best interests to "leak" owner info out to ANY scam company, thereby potentially injuring the corporate name through "guilt by association". There are actually many different avenues and ways by which your personal contact information could have been obtained. Frankly, I would be very surprised if Wyndham ever knowngly or willfully authorized (or conducted) the actual release of your personal information to anyone outside Wyndham. That said, there is always the possibility of a lone, rogue employee within virtually ANY company selling member info "on the side", without the knowledge (or authorization) of the parent company itself. Personally, I firmly believe that just such "unauthorized leaks" have indeed occurred many times within RCI, just to cite one specific, comparative example.