Report Abuse

Re: bankruptcy

RCI routinely adjusts the trading power of resorts based on demand. Branson is an over developed location with the exception of summer months. Personally, I'd rather see FQ utilizing I.I. than RCI. We also own at Grand Regency at Thousand Hills, which is also managed by Southwind. The difference is GR exchanges through Interval. We are still getting great value out of the one bedroom we own at GR. Last year we pulled a 2 bedroom at the Ridge Tahoe in July and next year we've exchanged for a 2 bedroom June week at Grand Timber in Breckenridge, CO. IMO, those are pretty decent exchanges. I doubt I could do the same with our 2 bedroom loft at FQ utilizing RCI as an exchange company. I have been so disapointed in RCI that we've allowed our personal membership to lapse. Fortunately, FQ is a resort that we like and can use. If I wanted to exchange FQ, I'd use one of the smaller independant exchange companies before I'd use RCI. There could be an issue for Southwind if you're talking about transfering your ownership at FQ to one of other resorts Southwind owns. It could be that due to the bankruptcy, they're not allowed to sell any FQ units they take in exchange (I'm assuming transfer means moving ownership to a different resort). It could also be they just don't see a market to resale the units at FQ and feel it's better to attempt to sell only one resort vs several. So far, I've been reasonably happy with Southwind as a management company vs the original developer. I can pay my MF's online, I've had no issues with reservations and the quality of the rooms and amenities was fine the last time we were at FQ. I dont' blame them or the HOA for not making improvements until the bankruptcy is settled and will be happy so long as the resort is maintained. So far, it appears that they are maintaining the resort. They just might not be improving it at this time.