Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Oh my goodness! How was Aruba? I bet it was fabulous! I'm so jealous lol. I'm not sure why you were not offered an option to get into the Trust. Especially since 6500 points would make you a Premiere Status owner in the Trust with extra perks and benefits that owners who have less than 6500 points don't get. I do know that Marriott was having an issue with their sales representatives not knowing too much about the new program and not giving accurate or even enough information to the owners during their sales presentations. Do you still have contact to any of your representatives? If not, I can put you in touch with my contact over at Marriott. She has taken extremely good care of my neurotic tendencies in having to know every nuance and detail of my ownerships and what options are available to me. I think I drive her insane, lol, however she's the one who has provided me with all the legal documents on the Trust for me to study. That combined with my own research is why I am able to accurately understand all the ins and outs of the Trust. I feel confident, that while, I don't know everything, I know enough to maximize my ownership and to avoid some of the unpleasant aspects that can occur in either system. Anyway, if you don't have someone that is in the know at Marriott that can teach you how to work the system, you're missing out. I fully believe any system has angles that are more beneficial than others, but knowing them is the hard part. Also, I hear that when the Ritz Carlton Destinations Club joins the MVCI company in November, that Marriott is going to have a significant price increase. It could just be a scare tactic to get people to buy now instead of waiting, but it would make sense. Those Ritz resorts are immaculate and the fact that certain owners will be able to stay at those resorts, it would make sense that Marriott will do a price hike for owners who aren't part of the Trust by that time but find the ability to stay at those resorts attractive. In any case, I'm not sure why you weren't told about the ability to buy into the Trust. Maybe the sales representative was having an off day or just didn't think you would be interested? Having a solid contact can make all the difference. Since I don't think that all the Marriott reps know what they are talking about yet, I don't mind letting you borrow my lady, as long as you promise to give her back! Haha