Report Abuse

Not enough info...

[Q=rayc137] I need info on how to set up an exchange. We own a time share in New Smyrna Beach Florida [/Q] 1. You must FIRST determine WHICH exchange company your particular facility is affiliated with (RCI? Interval International? Both? (i.e., dual affiliated?). 2. You must next become a member of the particular exchange company you want to use. There are annual membership fees required with BOTH RCI and II. In addtion to RCI and II, there are also other smaller, independent exchange companies (e.g., Dial an Exchange, which has no annual membership fees,Trading Places International, SFX, VRI*ety, etc.). ALL exchange companies will charge you a fee (besides the membership fees, if any) to complete EACH exchange. 3. You must "turn over" a week which has been ALREADY RESERVED, with all maintenance fees paid up and current, to the exchange company, in order to then be able to request something else in exchange (there is NO guarantee that you will get what you want). Interval Intl. allows members to "request first" (i.e., request a specific exchange BEFORE giving up or "depositing" their owned week), but this "request first" feature is the exception rather than the rule with most exchange companies. That's about it, in a nutshell. I hope it helps you. P.S. There is another forum here specifically entitled "Timeshare Exchanges", which would have been a better and more appropriate place for this particular question...