Report Abuse

You're very lucky if foreclosure is "painless" ...

I sorry Ken, but it must be upsetting living in whatever world you live in. My resort has no vested interest in alienating its owners by blemishing their credit histories. If they really wanted to avoid foreclosure, they would have found my new address in less than 5 minutes if they bothered to look. On the contrary, they turn around and resell foreclosed units for much more than their expenses, and by doing so, keep maintenance fees coming in which are the costs that they absolutely don't want to absorb. Funny thing is, I would have paid the arrears, too, if they'd only bothered to contact me. They seem to benefit from foreclosures, so why ruin their reputations by ruining the repuitations of their owners? I still think foreclusre is a viable option to spending hundreds of dollars a year on something you don't use But if your credit history is so bad that a timeshare foreclosure is the only thing that could interfere with you securing a mortgage, maybe you should wait until after the mortgage closes.