Report Abuse

Re: Global Vacation system

I had nothing but grief with this company! They tried to scam me, but I paid the fees with my American Express card and with Amex card's fraud division, I was able to get the mone back. When you talk to them, record the conversation then tell them you will get back to them. They told me some pretty extreme claims; that someone wanted to buy my Royal Holiday Club membership and was willing to pay me a large amount of money for the membership! It sounded too good to be true, after I agreed to the offer, I was switched over to a closer, who reiterated the terms and in the conversation stated that I understood that they had no buyer for my stuff,( which by the way, the salesman told me not to tell the closer he had told me that they had a buyer) and if it sounds too good to be true, it's a scam!! In the original conversation with the salesman, I had given him my credit card info, when I talked with the closer, I told him I was not interested in the offer by the salesman and that he promised that there was a buyer for my stuff. Well, needless to say, my card was charged, a contract came to me delivered by courier, requiring my signature and returned to the courier. I destroyed the contract and gave it back in the envelop to the courier along with an email to GVs to refund my money and a copy of the email to Amex with a fraud report attached! The amount was $5400. for IVA tax and additional amount of about $3500 for title search!~ I have no title, just a vacation club membership with RHC. You need to be very careful and alert to their schemes if you decide to sell with them. I don't think that they take credit card payments anymore because of the credit card protection laws. I think they now require you to pay cash with pay pal or the likes... NO PROTECTION, your money is gone.. Good luck. Carol