Report Abuse

Re: Getting out of contract: past recission period

I'm not JayJay but here's my best advice. Since you've past your 10-day rescission period, it's too late to cancel. Since you still have a mortgage owing on it, it's going to be next to impossible to get someone else to take over the ownership. Your best bet right now is to pay the mortgage off as quickly as possible. While you are still the owner, try to "make lemonade out of lemons". IOW, try to use your timeshare. If you can not use it, try renting it out for some money to recoup some of the maintenance fees. Then, try to sell it or give it away. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that's the reality of the situation. And, since you asked, I will give this very important piece of advice. Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "get you out" of your timeshare. There is no such thing as a "guaranteed cancellation". You can not "cancel" a timeshare beyond the 10-day rescission period (in Florida). The only way to "cancel" is to get someone to willingly buy it or take over ownership.