Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts -- surrendering a contract???

Thank you for your response to this outrageous situation. I will keep you informed of what we find out and I encourage to keep us informed as well. I'm a believer in networking and joining forces for what is good, moral, and right for all the members. We bought into the Point of Poipu not for the extravagance's like that of a Westin, Marriott, St. Regis...but what the Point of Poipu offers is the accommodations of home at a comfort level for the middle class. Now, that the fees have more than tripled for the next 5 yrs. I'm certain this will become a hardship for many members. I think within the next several weeks we will see a lot more disgruntled members that will agree the fee are unacceptable. I also agree that the board is trying to force the deeded owners out in order to resell... My husband and I will be meeting next week with our realtor to discuss options to move forward. We are holding of at this time calling Diamond Loss & Mitigation Dept.(If they even have one???) and will continue to explore our options to exit. Once again thank you so much for your input. I will keep in touch as we learn more and hope you will do the same. I too wish you the best of luck dealing with these Corporate Greedy individuals that have put the owners at such financial risk. Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 5:12 PM Subject: Poipu Point fees First of all I cant believe no one has commented on our correspondence. I checked TUG & Redweek. Like you I spent the day investigating the best way to handle this situation. I called a friend who is in Real Estate in Arizona( since I live in the North Mid-West) for some input. She told me not to pay Diamond any more money period. She also told me to call Diamond (Loss & Mitigation Dept) and tell them I cannot continue to pay their Fee's. See what they say; any collections or forclosures are recorded in Hawaii and are never reported or recorded in the Mainland. Therefore should not affect credit rating for anyone living on the mainland. They will try to make you believe differently. She says Diamond is on the knife-edge 0f a class action suit. That in all their dealings they push the envelope. I am in my young 70's belong to the Marriott Vac. club, Disney Vac club. I have never had these problems even though some of their properties have been hit by hurricanes and some are older than Poipu Point. Since I also own points in the Hawaiian Collection I called Diamond to see how it affected that maintenance fee. I was told it will also be assessed at .1698 per point in addition to my maintenance fee only as a one time charge. This tells me they are trying to force out the deeded owners. I will be trying to rid myself of the Hawaiin collection also. I was told the points are worth something in the aftermarket. What ever you do I wish you luck. It is better to rid yourself of someone like Diamond Resorts. We can take our money and spend it with reputable people. Life is to short to support people that try to scam us out of the life we deserve. Sorry this is so long; wanted to keep you informed at what I learned. Thanks for your input.