Report Abuse

Re: Board of Directors

If you really want to do something, we need owners like Halem elected to the Board so that we can gain control of our property. I can't emphasize enough that CONTROL OF THE BOARD IS EVERYTHING. To do this and win, you need to get a lawyer and go to the State Attorney General for a court order to force DRI to share the owners list with the rest of us owners. When DRI refuses, that is where your attorney will earn his fees. Apparently, another group obtained the court order about two years ago, but I've heard nothing further after DRI refused to provide the owners list to them. I think trying to do anything else has a less than favorable chance of success, will be expensive, and will certainly take many years given the appeals process. I doubt very many owners have the stamina to go through several years of litigation stress and expense. In my opinion, small owners banding together is the quickest and cheapest way to succeed, but we need the list of owner names to have any chance of voting as a majority. In the meantime I intend to pay the special water intrusion fee and again vote for Mr Halem. I hope others will join me in voting for ONE person to represent us. Don't forget that DRI loves to put lots of names up for election, that way, small owner votes get diffused and we have no chance of winning an election.