Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Philid, I suggest you contact four zero seven, three zero one, six six four zero before your 10 day cxl period is over. The person at that number can get you your encore money credit, the 3500 points at $9.20 instead of the 9.22 and 250,000 marriott reward points. Not sure who you purchased from, but it's in your best interest to get the most for your money. As for Louis, I suggest you enroll at the very least. I got an email from Marriott that said the enrollment fee will be " significantly" increasing. But who knows when that will be. Maybe on the 4th of November since that is when they are increasing the prices per point? I know the projected spin off date is set for nov 5th so it kinda makes sense. As for why I encourage enrollment is simply because it simplifies fees associated with exchanging. Such as not having to pay for Interval's membership anymore. Or lock off fees, cxl fees, split week fees, converting to Marriott reward point fees, or internal exchange fees if using points. But you don't have to turn your week into points if you don't want to. You can enroll just to save a little and still use your weeks like you've been doing. To the person that asked for clarity of the primier status, I am deeply sorry I did not get back to you. Life has been hectic to say the least. The trust is sold at a minimum of 1000 points. Not sure where you heard that you could buy just 500. As for the levels, 6500 ( exchange points, trust points, or any combination of the two) gets you to premiere status. It is not based upon how many points you can accrue ( utilizing the banking and borrowing) in a particular year, but rather the amount of points you own each year. For instance, if I owned 3500 points a year, I am not premiere. And f I choose to bank all my points into the following year, I would have 7000 points, but still not be considered premiere. The benefit that I can see of getting to that level is that you will be able to stay at the Ritz resorts. The ritz in Albaco for a full week in a cabana during this season is 1375 points. You can have enough points to go, but unless your at premiere or premiere plus, you won't have access. And besides, all the ritz and grand residences will be in the trust bucket. Every resort Marriott aquires or builds from now on will be only in the trust inventory bucket. As for combining exchange points and trust points, you can not do it. For instance if a reservation requires 2000 trust points and you have 1000 trust points and 1000 exchange points, as an owner you can not combine them to get the reservation. However, Marriott can and does. Since they manage both buckets of inventory, they will use the trust portion of your points to ancore a reservation and the exchange points can be taken as a pending fulfillment of the reservation. When a trust owner elects to take anything other than another trust resort ( cruise, epic, MRP) then trust points become available. Marriott will then use those points to fulfill the reservation and take the exchange points as the payment. This is why it is important to have some sort of trust points on top of the exchange points. An owner who only has exchange points to offer will never get their reservation over the owner who does have trust points, even if it is only enough to anchor the reservation. And of course the owner who already has the required trust points will not have to wait for another trust owner to make trust points available. They will simply be able to make the desired reservation, no exchanging needed.