Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

g333s, thank you thank you thank you for monitoring these forums and coming back time and time again to keep answering people's questions. MVCI probably has no idea how much you're helping out their owners but I'll send a few tweets their way and see what I can do :) That said, I'm still within the 10-day period from purchase and I guess my biggest fear of being enrolled is not being able to actually spend my points. The contracts state multiple times that if you don't use them you lose them (assuming you didn't bank or cash out). I looked through the 438-page document outlining how many interests of each property were put into the trust and for some properties there are only 40 interests (total weeks). Unless legacy owners decide to enroll their weeks that means there are only 40 interests (weeks) available for booking at that property for all trust owners to split. Granted, these are usually at the less "desirable" properties but when the sales guy said "I could get you four weeks in the off-season" those were of course the types of properties he used as examples. Obviously we were all sold on the flexibility of this new program but let's face it: Cashing out to MRP just doesn't make sense dollar-wise. Have you booked and used VCP yet? How far out did you have to call and schedule your week(s)? I know the main windows are 12 and 13 months out but what is the likelihood of finding somewhere to go on shorter notice (say a 2-4 months)? Have you had to lose any of your points yet? Again, I really appreciate your dedication to helping people figure out how to make this program work. My wife and I are still really excited about our purchase but without having tried the booking process for ourselves I think we're a little skeptical about all the flexibility song and dance we got at the presentation.