Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Our problem with Sunterra, turned DRI in Sedona: We took it to the Real Estate section of the Attorney General's office. Filled out the paperwork, with lots of research and data about the misleading information given when they wanted to sell, including the cover-up of the lawsuits and cover-up of the pending sale to DRI by Sunterra though we questioned them directly about these items. Can you imagine that Arizona 'lost' my complaint?! Actually, they'd forwarded it to NV, conveniently for them!! After I heard nothing, I discovered their action, which allowed them to be inactive. How can it be that once it was again in their hands they were unaware of the Statement of Information required by Arizona law, which gave 6 years to cancel the agreement due to some of their fraud? And, DRI was required to give This Statement of Information before the sale, which they didn't! The Real Estate Office was unaware of this law in their own state...and weren't interested in pursuing the reality of the law. They didn't care about people who'd contacted me (using our contact info on this site) fearful of losing their good credit score because they no longer desired to pay for a product that they weren't actually receiving as promised. After 1+ years haggling with AZ this is my conclusion: Our government(s) is(are) not about protecting the innocent, or those who obey the law, but those that bring in bigger "bottom-lines". We have officially evolved backwards towards a third-world country when this happens. It's not just DRI that is betraying us...but our own government which reneges its office in favor of those who further their gains. It's not just DRI that needs to be brought to court, sadly. But - "who will guard the guardians?" Not right, DRI. Not right, Arizona. There is a reality greater than the bottom line. Unfortunately for you, the equations will eventually be balanced and you will regret that you hoped your actions and inaction would go uncorrected. The correction will come and it will be more painful for you than for all of us. For only a little while longer we will experience the pain of ever having come across your pitiful business called Diamond Resorts International. If only I could warn the world!!!