Report Abuse

Nope...

Ken. Dude. You'll have to excuse me if I don't take your word for it. You've "done so yourself," huh? TWO times even?! Wow, I'm impressed... Look, I own a lot of points with four different groups and I still have a deeded red week in Virginia Beach at Gold Key's Turtle Cay resort; I know how timeshare works. RENTING additional points from Wyndham in order to make the reservation you want at the property you want ONE TIME (meaning ONE 1-week stay) is TOTALLY different and has NOTHING to do with buying/owning additional points. I'm gonna look into this Point Potential place. It seems to me you're just some pissed off lonely guy. And let me tell you: You have NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT as far as using points to book and then renting it out yourself goes. Talk about a pain -- NO THANKS! I'd rather have a 3rd party rent it out for me so I don't have to deal with the headaches, the flakes, and finding people who want the whole week or want the three leftover days, etc., etc. Give me a break! Your time must not be very valuable. If they guarantee they'll cover my maintenance fee, I'm all over it! However, I am very concerned about the terms not being in writing, as another poster mentioned here previously. I will definitely be scrutinizing their contract and watching out for any tricks like that but I am still looking into this for sure! Sounds like it might work out quite nicely for me. As with anything else in life: People are individuals and no two are exactly the same. We all have different wants and needs, different lifestyles and travel habits. You seem to be forgetting that whilst you sit upon your throne of authority insinuating everyone involved in this discussion is a moron if they have an interest in this company's program, which in all likelihood has been sanctioned by Wyndham. It seems they list client timeshares on Orbitz.com, Travel Zoo, and other websites for the general public to purchase. You see, Ken...I've done my homework, too. And all without making an arrogant douche out of myself! Dig deeper next time before you go on a crusade attacking people who disagree with your one-dimensional view of things.