Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

With all due respect to g333s, kathrynm et al who have attempted to provide clarity where there is none, I just read 4 pages on comments on this topic and I know it would make BERNIE MADOFF's head explode!!!!! This Marriott transition to destination point system, at best, wasn't implemented smoothly. At worst, it borders on a ponzi scheme with they possibilities of Marriott selling more Trust points at resorts that are the most attractive, then there is inventory. I guess I'm one of those Marriott owners who was asleep at the switch when the transition occurred. Caveat emptor, except, in my case, 5 years after I became an owner. I just spent an hour on the phone with Rhonda in Marriott's corporate office customer advocacy office. I've been trying to exchange a premium week with Marriott/II since April and no luck. Since I accomplished similar exchanges in the past with no problems, I wondered why the difficulty this year. Reading this board I know realize one truth ( that Rhonda didn't voice as the problem), that the launch of the Destination Points program has significantly changed the exchange capabilities for owners. My question for any attorney's out there. why isn;t there a class action suit against Marriott? The product I purchased in 2008 has significantly changed and I'm still paying the mortgage. PS Rhonda promises me she will call me back tomorrow. I'm afraid to talk to her because she already "greased the skids" that I might be better off enrolling in the Destination Points program.....Ugh I have a headache already... I feel like the poor fans of the Baltimore Colts who woke up one morning and saw that the owner moved their Colts to Indianapolis ....Marriott Vacation club got out of their "legacy" business and moved into a safer one for themselves and to hell with the owners left behind.... Now I know how those folks who have homes under water feel....My $20,000 investment in annual family vacations is worth pennies on the dollar.....