Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

It's now getting a bit ridiculous at the ineptitude of whatever this new company in Orlando is called...MVCI???? * As indicated I spoke with Rhonda Robinson yesterday 11/09/11 in Orlando's corporate office as customer advocacy and she promised she would call me back today 11/10/11 after investigating how she might be able to facilitate an exchange * Rhonda finally leaves a long winded voice mail at 4:59 today (11/11/11) explaining that she was sorry but they couldn't honor the $595 offer that was quoted in an email to me and that to enroll in Destination Points program would actually cost me something like $1,500 or something. Click. I say "huh?"..... I never got an email. *Check my voicemail again. Rhonda called at 5:28 to tell me to disregard the previous voicemail as it was NOT intended for me!!!! But to give her a call on Monday, because she's out tomorrow- Friday. She indicates she is trying to get infomation about my situation will try and get me the holiday week that I was asking when the 12 month time frame comes into play. Oh, then she realizes she wasn't sure if I was looking for holiday week 2012 or 2011 as she indcates she couldn't read her notes....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!! Meanwhile I've become a bit more informed reading the boards and the situation is clear...there are a lot of Marriott Vacation Club deeded owners out there who have become livid with the Destination Points system and it is what it is...a rip-off with a several people desperately asking for someone to start a class action suit. PLEASE if there is an attorney out there who can mount a class action suit there are a lot of MVC owners who would sign on. Simultaneously, reading the boards it is unbelievable what Marriott is getting away with.... And with the expectation of devalution of destination points it will only get worse....This IS a PONZI scheme * BTW: If I eventually hear from Rhonda Robinson I'll let you know. But I'm not expecting much...the stories from the legion of MVC deeded owners out there who feel betrayed, scammed and conned have me expecting the worst. BTW: I was passed onto Ms Rhonda Robinson only after I called MVCI corporate office in Orlando and asked for MVCI Chairman William Shaw.....I expect be following my call with Rhonda to this triad of upper management Chairmen William Shaw President- Stephen Weisz EVP and COO - Lee Cunningham These are the only people, I fear, can make a difference and listen to my/our concerns.... I really feel cheated as I pay my $300 monthly payment and $1,000/yr fee..... To Be continued [Q=dennish144] Frank - I agree that Rhonda's response will be "buy vacation points." The follow-on question then is how will this solve my problem; and, how many points at $10 per point would I really need to do me any good. I expect that, if you get an honest answer, you would need an additional $50,000 investment (5,000 VCP pts) to do you any good at all. Then, ask Rhonda what you can get for 8,000 VCP points (5,000 pts acquired + points from your owned week). You won't get much more than 2 weeks (and you traded in your existing week). My conclusion - You might want to consider buying weeks in the aftermarket at some point - you can buy a high season "Platinum" week at Newport Coast Villas in California for $9,000. $50,000 would go a long way toward buying multiple premium weeks with great trading power thru Interval. Two new weeks plus your existing week may also enable you to make reservations 13 months in advance. If someone knows of a better solution for Frank - please share it. ) 'll be interested to hear Rhonda's response to the issue of[/Q]