Report Abuse

Re: New Assessment/Incompetent Management of the project

I have not seen the governing documents that are specific to this property. There will be an area concerning a special election to recall the Board of Directors. Normally, the percentage required to sign a petition for a recall is small - like 15% of the owners. From reading all the posts in this column, I'm pretty sure the 15% could be satisfied without a complete Owners List. I have had personal experience as a Board President of a very large HOA regarding Recall Elections.. Once the Petition is sent to the Board they HAVE to respond according to the By Laws and honor the request. If the request includes a current list of Owners they HAVE to provide it. That way every Owner can be contacted in writing explaining why we want the Board recalled and who is running (including the current Board Members if they wish) for the election. Immediately, after the election the new Directors can terminate the management contract - usually within 30-days and probably cancel any existing contracts associated with the reconstruction. Then the Board could seek new bids for any work deemed necessary. Poipu doesn't exist in a bubble (even though DMI would like everyone to think they do). Board recalls happen all the time in Corporations across the country. The process is pretty cut-and-dried. It is a "back door" method to taking control when issues like the current one come up and are mishandled. Please add my contact information to your list. We own (1) deeded week that we purchased about 10 years ago.