Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

[Q=sherik43] Hi Phil, I just sent you an email through my gmail. If you have any questions let me know. Good to know you're not a spy! :P[/Q] Hi - I finally got through to Ricky in Collections at Diamond - at first he said I could try to sell or give away me membership . I asked him what would happen if I just did not pay my membership fee. - He said they would cancel my membership , and it would be reported to credit agencies. I told him my points were paid for, and only my maintenance fee was outstanding. After a rather lengthy conversation with him , and being put on hold while he talked to "Legal" - then he said they would NOT be reporting it to Credit Agencies . I asked if the assessment fees for Poipu were looked at differently than other Maintenance fees and Ricky said no , they were a part of those fees. So ... in the end , it was the same as was said to you . Thank you for your help with this. I know I am relinquishing ALLOT of money that I paid for these points..... however in looking at what the charges are for this year, and seeing that the Poipu assessment will be at least ANOTHER 2 years, that just looks like I am throwing good money away ... time to cut my losses . If anyone has any better ideas, I would like to hear them. Thanks to all. I think this is a very good forum, and I hope it continues !!