Report Abuse

Re: Rants

I am a deeded owner (one week/year oceanview since 2001). I am presently visiting KBC. The day after we arrived, we meet with the "sales" reps for DRI where they tried (in vain) to sell us (for ~$5800) additional points PLUS convert our deeded week to 8500 points thus giving us enough total points for God knows what. They actually pulled our past 2 refusals from their files to give us this "opportunity". The salesperson also indicated that we (as deed holders) were a rarity (= minority) at this point, and that once every week was finally sold, that we would no longer be given this chance to convert our deeded week. I am assuming after a bit of reading that this is a common experience. Needless to say, we are staying put with our deeded week, but the fiasco at Poipu has got me a tad bit nervous about the management situation. People appear to be dumping their weeks on the open market, too. I am assuming that these folks are in over their heads financially on unrelated issues and need to raise cash anyway they can. How else can the sale of a week for which I paid $18K sell for $4k (before closing expenses)?