Report Abuse

Re: Does Donate For A Cause Really Care About Helping Charities Or Just Making Profits?

[Q=annc280] We contacted Donate For a Cause about donating our time share. We were told it will cost us $2495(for title search,etc) plus $150 for title transfer. The document they sent for us to sign the deed over states that we will pay... "SUBJECT TO taxes and special assessments for the current year and subsequent years and easements, covenants, conditions, and restrictions of record;" It sounds to me like we'll have to continue to pay the taxes and assessments forever..even if we sign it over? I'm scared to sign![/Q] I would avoid such an arrangement. I thought that DFAC would assume full ownership and the accompanying fees, etc. DFAC used to do that. I thought that the $2495 was for them to cover maintenance fees and possible special assessments until they could turn around and sell it. A cheaper alternative would be to list your timeshare here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement and offer to pay the closing costs. Also, on Timeshare Users Group (aka TUG; tugbbs.com), there's a Bargain Deals section where, for free, you can advertise that you simply want to give your timeshare away. Just follow the instructions at the top of that page.