Report Abuse

Re: Rants

Gary..... "Needless to say, we are staying put with our deeded week, but the fiasco at Poipu has got me a tad bit nervous about the management situation." and you should be!!! "People appear to be dumping their weeks on the open market, too. I am assuming that these folks are in over their heads financially on unrelated issues and need to raise cash anyway they can. How else can the sale of a week for which I paid $18K sell for $4k (before closing expenses)?" Halems said it right, the poipu deeds are not worth a dime and the reason they are dumping them is because many of them either realize that this crap will never stop, many of them own multiple weeks that they paid over $20K for each week and they are being billed for $6K + $1800 in maintenance fees every year for the next 3 years for each week, and others realize that they will be assessed even more when the default rate or cost of repairs are higher than anticipated. Several companies will allow you to "donate" your week if you pay them $12,000 for the "donation". That alone should alert you that there is a real problem here! www.poipuonwers.org is growing in numbers.