Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

you realllly do not understand. I was lied to or things were not told to me or we would never have bought them in the first place! i am a single senior. i like hotels in world capitals. i don't need or want a condo. and i like the free airfare. no one pays free airfare to get you to a condo with your "valuable" points! i first bought 4 weeks 21 years ago before ground breaking in Palm Desert. i sold them for more money than i paid for them! you can't sell points. then I bought two weeks in florida because i get more points to trade every year for airfare and hotels. i am a points hog. i currently have 800,000 marriott points. these destination points are truly WORTHLESS to me. and the salesman KNEW that. i clearly told him how i use my weeks and how i like to travel. he sold me by telling me i could take my grandson to africa on safari. but i could NEVER do that with points because it takes more points than i could accumulate in three years using past, present and future points which is all you're allowed to do. he did not tell me that. i had no reason to believe that the points would not accumulate forever until i had enough to use them for what i wanted. my other points don't. and i could have taken my grandson on a heck of a safari for $22,000! the only way i discovered the way things REALLY work is when i got a pop up when i went in to pay my annual dues 3 months after purchase that told me i needed to designate how i wanted to allocate my points. and when i went there, it told me i had to forward them or use them and if i didn't use them next year, they would be taken from me for no compensation! after i just paid $22,000 for them! that is soooo unbelievable to me even now as i write this. i don't own anything! that is stealing as far as i am concerned. since i will NEVER go to a condo by 2014, i'll have lost $3900 in maintenance fees and $22,000 and they'll just take them back and laugh themselves all the way to the bank at my expense. i already have pre planned and partially pre paid vacations thru 2014. i'm going to italy, then going to india, then machu picchu peru. all staying in HOTELS. THIS is why i'm upset!!! i threw $26,000 down the toilet and get to keep paying $1300 per year for the privilege of having salt rubbed in my wounds. even if i wanted to go somewhere where there is a condo, who will pay for the airfare? like i said, i am STUCK with these USELESS points.