Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts raises maintenance fees again!

IN RESPONSE TO YOUR SALES PITCH PARAGRAPH BY PARAGRAPH: I'm in the business and they are all not like this. you should try to rent it out through redweek and use that money to pay maintenance or stop paying for it. RESPONSE: I've had my unit advertised for 4 months now for less than my maintenace...no takers. I've also tried to give my time share(s) away using full disclosure of how maintenance costs have increased to where they are today...also no takers. they will take it back eventually. timeshare are great if you have the right product. RESPONSE: You can take this route if you want to be hammered by collection agencies and lose your credit rating. example: my company- if you don't use the points you have the option of to put them in a special account and they never expire, they can be used for gift cards to every major store. so if you want to buy a computer you can, food you can, home depot shoppping. we also can convert your into our points so you can use them just like our ownership, but of course you have to own with us. RESPONSE: As I recall the sales pitch, I would be required to spend quite a bit of money for this privilige. hate to say it but you need to walk away from it or combine it with a company that can help you use it better. RESPONSE: Gimmicks are everywhere. Anything for a buck! I've been listening to time share presentations since the late 80s. I generally go anymore just to see what new gimmick/approach they've come up with. that's your choices. don't pay a resale company any money upfront. you can give it to someone for free but who what's those high main. fee's. RESPONSE: As I've said before, you have got to be a real low life to unload your albatross on some unsuspecting smuck. I will reserve comment on those who actually sell this ______. the guy with the posting is incorrect. if they are so bad, why would he tell people to sit for 90 minutes, take the gift, and leave. RESPONSE: The sign is meant for those who have already paid their $25 deposit and are potential lambs to the slaugher. that's the problem, do you know who pays for the gift? you do! its's a cost of doing business. RESPONSE: Correction: The business does and they offset their expenses, potentially through our maintenance costs. i have had heard of owners that pay 8,000 in main fee's and offset them by 10 different options and don't pay one penny a year. RESPONSE: I hear that same case time after time when I've attended time share presentations. Must be careful to consider the source. to long to go over but you have to know how to use your program, have a good program, work with your rep, and it works out fine. 2,466 a year x 10 years is 24660 if they don't go up. your looking at 30,000 how they have increased in the past. walk away or combine it to elliminate it, hope i helped. RESPONSE: As before, consider the source. taking a tour for a gift , to get even with the company is crazy, not all reps are bad. think about it, if a person came in just for a gift to see you ( make no money for your family )or you could of been helping someone that was interested ( and had a chance of making money for your family ) which one would you chose? that is why some reps are bad, they get even with people like that, they'll say anything because you are wasting there time.if they need the gift that bad they shouldn't be on vacation, they should be home saving money to pay bills. he wants to take advantage of reps and the company, and then complains becaus ethey took advantage of him. its a two way street. treat people like you want to be treated. hope i helped. RESPONSE: Its all a cost benefit trade off. Is 90 minutes worth 90 minutes (more often 2 or more hours), of a couples time and the chance they may actually "take advantage of this one time offer"? My recommended response is ABSOLUTELY NOT.