Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

When it actually was Marriott, It was. These people have no connection to the Marriott family. If you can't see that, I am sorry. Last week I played golf with a Marriott Corporate employee from the Salt Lake HDQ, who told me that the last member of the family was retiring soon. She said he has spent much of the last year apologizing to long time employees for what has happened to their company. The reason we are back to personal attacks is because I am simply responding to the attacks you are making toward me. Frankly, there is no nice way I have to describe how I feel about the way this company is overcharging new customers. I feel bad for someone who goes to Palm Desert and gets sucked into buying enough points to come back, at a price that is three times higher than a unit is worth, in order to get flexibility to go elsewhere. That's my honest opinion. You have yours, and that's fine, but I would bet that you would not be willing to pay the going rate for the points you are getting in trade.