Report Abuse

New Ripoff Vacation Ownership Group

This post is absolutely incorrect, my husband and I were high pressured and out right lied to on our last vacation, we were told that there was a problem with our timeshare points and in order to fix the problem we had to consolidate our deeds and upgrade our points @ the time we were almost paid off, we kept saying no that we had enough points and that we couldn't afford more, he told us we were stupid for not taking "such a great deal" that we had to do it that day it would never be offered again, he also told us that he was our personal advisor and he would be taking care of us from that point forward, 5 hours later he convinced us it was the best thing to do, he covered up certain parts of the paper work when we were signing the documents. We were told that it would not cost us any more money we came home to realize a few months later that we had been so badly lied to and put into debt of over $50,000, we were getting to a point that we couldn't even afford to feed our child because of the high maintanence fees and mortgage payments, not to mention the high interest rate. The sad thing is we didn't realize at the time we were lied to until we tried calling the guy back, the guy who said he was our "personal advisor" we could never get a hold of him and he never returned our calls, we made numerous attempts to reach the property to get help, we kept getting the run around and finally we were told "you signed the paper work, sorry, theres nothing we can do" by then we felt like it was too late and that we were stuck, paying for something that we bought through lies. Then we received a call from the Vacation ownership group, of course we were skeptical at first because we felt so vicitimzed, So we just couldn't believe at first that this company could help and what? Charge us no money for their service, we thought what do have to loose, They were the only people that could resolve our situation and bring our debt way down to something we could actually afford, we got to keep the points we had in the first place and they did not charge us one stinkin dime, they saved us so much money, they also helped to give us our dignity back. Now we can actually afford to travel again, we learned alot through this, we will never go to a "timeshare presentation" or a so called "owner update meeting" again, and they can keep their damn $100 gift card, cuz that nearly cost us $50,000. BTW I was actually hired by the BBB for a commissioned sales position, I declined the job offer when I realized the business ratings were based on the business paying for there BBB membership, don't take my word for it check out this interview on 20/20. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw