Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

This is my MAJOR complaint with MVC! We thought a point was a point as well, but I did confirm with my assigned rep that Trust points and Legacy point are NOT the same! The sales reps either don't understand the program or they are passing on misinformation to make a sale. I wish to heaven that MVC would make this change (that a point is point) and it would be one I think we should all make a push to see happen in the near future. If you go to the book you should have received when you bought into the Program that lists all the resorts, at the top of the page you will see it marked either E (for Exchange) or T (for Trust). If it's an E resort, Legacy owners can exchange there using your Destination Points--if it is only marked T (Trust) then you can't. My husband and I were told EXACTLY what you were told when we bought into the program--only to find out later that was NOT correct! As I have said before in this blog, my husband and I will only be sticking to the E resorts--and there are a considerable number of them--and will not be buying additional Trust points as they are WAY to expensive for us! We have 6,500 destination E points, and that's going to do for us. I would suggest that you call your assigned rep just to verify that what i say is true.