Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Think carefully prior to making this purchase, What we initially purchased was completely misrepresented, the Destinations program provides no value add and additional fees. Once you figure annual maintenance, fees and lack of ability to book what and where, you are better off just renting in the locale that you desire and in reality that can be done at rates far lower than they will quote you for an average night per stay - regardless of season. Also when we have exchanged for Interval properties, they are often overstated and properties are very inferior based on our experience. I would never purchase a time-share, nor add to the pain of additional programs. Also when booking using combination of Destinations and pay night be very careful that they do not book you in different accommodations, We just had this happen and not even aware until days prior to departure, Very difficult to get resolution with anyone in corporate (Orlando) while onsite staff tries to accommodate. As a lifetime Marriott Platinum member I thought I could trust the brand, but that is not the case, MVCI is a very different company and they are damaging the Marriott Brand.