Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Dennis, the thing you seem to misunderstand, is that I see no way my experience will ever be enhanced by the current operators of MVCI. For almost 20 years I was one of the most satisfied owners that you could have ever met. I actually owned a significant amount of the company's stock and religiously used a credit card with the Marriott name.Than things changed for me. No more stock and a new credit card. I do know that I am happy to own two great properties in Palm Desert and Maui, and know that I will be satisfied to go to both for as long as I am physically able. What I will NEVER do is give up my units for significantly less than what this company is charging NEW owners. What I see as the Rip-Off, is the way they now conduct business, not the way the Marriott family conducted theirs back when I agreed to buy. If you don't think that charging people three times as much for POINTS than the properties they are said to represent, identified by the unit association dues are assessed on, is not a scam, than please feel free to call me about that bridge I am selling for half price, In my experience, my agreement constituted a contract for the purchase of Property and the management of services agreed upon at that time. Although I still own that property, the services have been drastically altered. As I have stated before, I spent over 30 years prosecuting business's and individuals for Tax Fraud, I have one hell of a lot experience identifying when someone is getting hosed. If you are happy, I am glad for you. But for those of us who are not, this is unfortunately one of our only ways to show our displeasure. I think either you or Katheryn should go to General Topics and start a new thread for people who agree with you. Lets see how many like minded individuals respond. .