Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Bob, I hear you and you write from a wealth of experience. We are relative newcomers since 2006, are heavily invested with 7 weeks and some points, and did not experience the glory days. I think you are right in that the benefits may have been much better in the early days when timeshare was growing. I also suspect that profits from robust new sales enabled a richer program. Recent years, however, have been tough for anything real estate and our timeshare interests have not been sheltered from this. I read the forums and see timeshare interests becoming worthless and timeshare companies dropping out leaving customers stranded. On the other hand, Marriott and a few other well capitalized timeshare oriented entities are still up and running. Just like you, we use all of our timeshare interests and focus on getting the value we purchased. In that regard, as a legacy owner I feel that a successful Vacation Club entity/sales program is essential to the realization of my legacy timeshare investment. All the best (I apologize if I have sounded grumpy), Dennis