Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Bob, thanks for the heads up, I'll check. I know there was something like that back at the start of Destinations for weeks already bought from sources other than Marriott. Update - I just checked the Vacation Club website and "weeks purchased externally, with a deed recording date after June 20, 2010 are not eligible for enrollment in the Exchange Program." Weeks purchased externally before June 20, 2010 could be enrolled for $1,495 for the first week and $1,995 for more than one week. One other thought, I am surprised that Marriott has not stepped in and acquired low priced resale weeks under the first right of refusal, especially Platinum weeks. I can only suspect that they may still be trying to cash out of inventory taken on at the beginning of Destinations. If this is true, then I would expect resale prices would be driven up when they do start buying. They can probably buy most resale units for less than the cost to develop new inventory. Is anyone seeing any resale purchases by Vacation Club?