Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

[Q=luigik] But renat6, on one hand you say you had a timeshare that was wonderful and on the other avoid timeshare and fracational ownership. I trhink you're more than a little confused which is probably why you bought Bel Air - you hoped for a windfall . . . .[/Q] I never said to avoid fracational or timeshare ownership. There are thousands of legitimate timeshares out there, the one I have down the road was and is wonderful it is just that we have almost used up all our time there and were looking for another one as we travel to PV every year. The problem with the Belaire is that they are thieves. They also prey on people who were trusting who already had timeshares and offered to buy out our existing weeks and put the money towards the Belaire timeshare. Sounds reasonable to me. Lucky for me I figured out it was a scam before I actually signed over my existing timeshare but most people didnt. They not only signed over what they had but then gave more money for the Belaire to give them nothing but a nice dinner for buying a time share. The only way anyone is going to get their money back is to convince their credit card companies that they didnt get what they paid for. If you gave them cash or a check you will never see your money. Nobody has ever gotten their money back by some buy back option they keep going on about. These people are not honest people so you can call profeco all you want, they could care less, dishonest thieves dont honor profeco or court orders. I wish I would of checked the internet before I bought, but I didnt, none of the people who bought did. As existing timeshare owners we just wanted to upgrade to a nicer place. It was not cheap, We paid only $10,000 for a Studio for 150 weeks down the street 15 years ago. I think the $50,000 plus the remainder of our existing weeks that we paid the Belaire, was not us looking for a freebee! Like I said before, go soak your head and stop putting down the honest hardworking people that believed these con artists. Be glad you were so smart that you stayed away, because everything else you say is dumb. My credit card BMO gave me back my money, good luck to the rest of you, I feel so badly for you. It would of been devastating for us if not for our credit card company refunding our money because we did not get what we paid for. Rena and Steve Turner