Report Abuse

Re: belaire golf resort and spa

Don't mind answering that at all. We purchased a timeshare in PV pre construction at Villa del Palmar over 20 years ago. We have 4 weeks and have gone every year since we purchased. Our ownership is about to expire and we were looking for something else. Belaire had just started up and hadn't had any bad press yet, at least not that we had heard. It was beautiful, sounded good, and we bought it. Plain and simple. We did it before and had no complaints so why not try it again. When we got back to our resort we talked to several local people who told us it was a scam. One of these being the OPC that sent us. We went to the room and read everything and realized it really was too good to be true. Next day we took a recession letter to Belaire and also went to the Profeco Office which was then located in El Pittiel (sp) The resort did not want to refund our money but there were a lot of potential buyers there and we made a lot of noise. They credited our card and sent us on our way. We have since learned that if you want to buy in Mexico stay with the established resorts not these new fly by night operations that are moving in for the kill then moving on with everybody's money. The Mexican Government is going to nothing to stop them. The four and five hundred, some going as high as seven hundred dollars the timeshares are paying to people for going to the presentation is being put right back into the Mexican economy. The restaurants, bars, stores, etc. That's thousands of dollars a day. They aren't going to give that up and all the complaining and letter writing people do will still not discourage people from going after that cash. I told two people not to buy at Belaire even took them to an Internet Cafe and showed them this website. Guess what, they bought anyhow and are part of the group not getting their money back. My case and many others were different we were not forwarned. But these people knew better and still fell for the scam. It has been going on for years and will continue for many more. Every year now I go to a presentation, get my spending money and enjoy spending it but never again will I get caught buying from one of these scam artists. Sure I will take their money. They were going to take mine and give me nothing for it. At least I am giving them my time as promised. By the way I did buy three more weeks at Villa del Palmar at least I know it will still be there next year.