Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

FYI...if you converted to points, read this... We purchased points a few years ago (DRI Hawaii collection) so we could be in the points system. We decided we wanted out of the whole timeshare thing and got rid of our deeded week, but still had the points to deal with. In the mean time we had filed a complaint with the BBB, and didn't expect much from that. Not long ago we got a call from a DRI big wig (who obviously received that complaint) saying they would refund all of the money we payed for the points, as well as water intrusion assessment fee and MF's for 2012, and be relieved of all future obligations for the contract. I said great, but I'll believe it when I see it! Well, I just received the check and signed the 2 page contract (which was read by my lawyer and completely legit)! Now I have the refund, and no more timeshare!! I'm still out all the money we payed for the deeded portion, but at least we got something back from this whole mess, and will never pay another MF or assessment ever again!