Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts reduces owner benefits again!

Isn't it asmazing that people are willing to give up thousands of dollars they paid for their timeshares to get out of their obligations. What does that say for the industry as a whole ? I too deeded back two timeshares this year. We used them extensively for years and had a lot of great vacations including England and Scotland. It was after RCI got aquired by Cendant that we no longer were interested in keeping them. All the prime locations were taken off the trade market and sold to the public for a profit. Then health issues sealed the deal to get rid of them. I have one left in Las Vegas that I will never part with. We love going there and it's never a problem renting it out if we don't it. I belong to the ( NTOA ) National Timeshare Owners Association. It's a non profit organization for the purpose of protecting owners rights and a sharing information. They also lobby for timershare owners. I recommend all timeshare owners join them and support change in the timesharing industry. Their website is nationaltimeshareownersassoc.com. The president, Ed Hastry, can be contacted at hastry@aol.com.