Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

it just keeps getting worse and worse. i just got a flyer for a marriott vacation club inaugural owner cruise for "only" 7500 points plus $602 port charges and taxes on norwegian epic. 7 days eastern carribean miami to miami. being an old cruiser i know that this is one of the deepest discounted itineraries in the cruise world. I called to find out if there was something extra included with the special marriott cruise like free wine or upscale dining venues. free airfare??? are you kidding? NOPE. a champagne toast on the first night. and LUCKY us. we get a Marriott sales presentation during dinner sunday! 7500 points is $3900 in maintenance fees plus the $602 means $4500 "deal". because you spent a chunk of change to purchase the points, and $3900 in maintenance fees, you get the privilege of paying almost 3 times what this cruise is worth. look on ncl website. balcony room is $849 per person. and since i am an ncl frequent cruiser, i'd get at least $100 room credit. so WITHOUT THE MARRIOTT $1600. WITH THE MARRIOTT, $4500. and i paid them $22,000 for the honor of overpaying for their "flexibility". what did we buy? NOTHING. we are screwed no matter what we do with the points. did you see that someone just sold 3750 points here on redweek for $1500 just to get rid of them???? there is a trip to ireland with the same kind of gross overcharging. i called. NO AIRFARE is included! $5000 in fees to get to go on this trip on a bus around ireland??????? i don't think so.