Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

are you sitting down? i bought my points 6 months ago because, as is a theme repeatedly throughout this website, i was not told the true facts. i have tried everything in my power to get rid of them. i do NOT want to pay $1300 per year for life and every year have to realize what a stupid idiot i was or i would use points for some condo and rent it on redbook just to get my fees bank. still out $22,000. WAIT here is the good part. i found someone willing to buy my points for 1/2 what i paid for them 6 months ago and with 5000 points banked that i paid fees on and did not use. everything was going along swimmingly UNTIL MARRIOTT TOLD HIM IF HE BOUGHT MY POINTS HE WOULD HAVE TO PAY THEM $2500 TO CHANGE THE NAME TO HIS!!!!!! THEY ARE BLOCKING MY SALE SO THEY CAN SELL HIM NEW ONES!! there is no reason to charge this high fee just to change the name on the deed. and the KICKER? now the buyer has backed out even though i also AGRRED TO PAY THE $2500 FEE FOR HIM!! he doesn't want to own where they treat people like this. what if he needed to sell in the future? so not only did they cost me the sale where i would ONLY lose $13,500, he's not going to buy their new ones either. what did they gain except to hurt me?