Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

you mean the 40 or so pages of tiny print both sides that they gave me about 5 minutes to read before signing? well today they directed me to the section that says "a fee will be charged for change of ownership" since i have sold two deeded weeks before for minimal fees such as you are speaking of, under $200, that would not alert me that it is so much per point (which is NOT in the contract) $2500 for 2500 points even if I had read it. they deliberately buried it in there like all the other negative aspects they didn't want us to know. those of you with 6500 points, your buyers would have to pay $6500 just to get their name on the deed. a bit of paperwork. we all know for SURE that anything that has to do with this system AT ALL, they will figure out a way to make money off it at our expense- a LOT of money. I may lose my house because I lost my job and I needed to sell these points. But they don't care about us. This is not how it used to be with Marriott. I had 5 friends and family buy after I did at first in 1989. I LOVED marriott time share and have a lot of happy memories. but now I can barely contain my RAGE. It is eating me alive. I am going to write tv, newspapers, consumer advocacy groups whoever. I will spend the rest of my life exposing this. My goal is that no other person will ever be taken advantage of by these vultures. Help me. write letters. lots of letters. facebook, twitter, tell everyone you know what a bum deal we got. I'm actually happy for the guy who backed out of my deal and for his wife and two kids that they did not end up in this system. if you know anyone who wants to buy some points cheap, let me know.