Report Abuse

Re: Am Considering in joining RCI (points system)

I been trying to read as much as I can about RCI and the Points System both within these forums and some external. I have read some disturbing comments specially on (http://www.consumeraffairs.com/travel/rci.html). The consensus in RedWeek forums is that I should just try to rent the particular timeshare I want from current owners instead of buying into the program. So now am having second thoughts. My family consist of a 3yr old, a set of 6 month twins and the two of us. So every time we go on vacation we will need to bring an extra set of hands (grandma, aunt, etc). So that's why we need a minimum of a two bedroom condo/suite. And am looking to have a 'home resort' in the Wisconsin Dells that have a water park for the kids. There is no point of having a home resort in Florida or somewhere else that is thousands of miles away. Also, my wife is a teacher, so the only time we can go on vacation that is longer than just a weekend getaway always falls in a Red Week (Spring break, Christmas, Summer time). Our vacations will mainly be within a 3-4 hour radius from North Chicago and mainly extended weekend getaways. My main reason for trying to join is: 1- have a steady vacation plan/goal for the family. 2- less hassle on vacation planning. 3- have some flexibility and some kind of assurance that I'll get what I want, when I want it (at least 90% of the time). 4- Be able to do last minute weekend getaways with the family as advertised with their "Last Call vacation" benefits. 5- In the End, break even (or at least feel like I broken even) with all the maintenance, transfer,or whatever other fees there are. But perhaps am being too Idealistic. -Max