Report Abuse

Re: Ripoff - Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Program - New Point System

Tracey The change in June is that the cost to enroll your week in Destinations will increase from about $600 to about $2,000. Read on....... If I were in your shoes and I owned only 1 week in Aruba, I would not buy Dest. Pts but I would consider the following: 1. I would just go about using or trading the 1 week I own. Interval is not going away and Marriott weeks trade very well thru Interval. 2. If I really wanted another week, I would either rent what I want or I would buy a quality week in the secondary market thru Redweek. You could then continue trading, as necessary, thru Interval. 3. If I wanted to get some of the benefits of Destinations, such as using less than a week, I would "enroll" my owned week in Destinations before the June deadline. This would enable participation using points and a lump sum Interval fee for your pre-existing week. However, I'd think long and hard about the benefits of this for 1 week - a purchase in the secondary market could not be enrolled. Please don't share this with Bob, but I would not buy Dest. Pts as they are too expensive in relation to the value received plus you would need to buy too many to do you any good. Buying an additional week privately or renting is more economical. Incidentally, you can buy Marriott Grand Chateau (Las Vegas) lock off weeks for less than $2,000 - they are all Platinum season (or better) and trade well thru Interval. The above is only my opinion. I have great respect for the Owner Services personnel and suggest that you consult them rather than the self serving Sales personnel. Incidentally, I shared your occupation early in my career and then became a Chief Financial Officer, recently retiring after 40+ years. Dennis