Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Going to Point Syst

I have a serious problem with the lack of flexibility with the new Vacation Destination Program. I am trying to follow the rules but no one is willing to help me. The PROBLEM: RESERVATION and CANCELLATION Made within 60 days and my 900 points are being held “HOSTAGE”, they were not put back in the TRUST. They are in the "HOLDING" points bucket. If I do not use them before December 31, 2012, they will be forfeited. This 60 day RESTRICTION limits as to where I can go. There is NO POLICY that covers my problem for cancelling a made reservation within the 60 day period and cancelling it. In order for me to book anywhere, it MUST BE WITHIN 60 days of check-in. Check out the "HOLDING POINTS BUCKET". HOLDING POINTS RULE: Vacation Club Points placed in a Holding Account may not be banked or transferred, and will expire at the end of the applicable Use Year. Vacation Club Points placed in a Holding Account may only be used to reserve a Vacation within 60 days of check-in within the Marriott Vacation Club Collection, Explorer Collection, and World Traveler Collection.