Report Abuse

Re: Marriott Vacation Club Destinations Exchange Program

I suspect that most of us would like to make our decisions about timeshare ownership over again. While we have enjoyed our vacations, getting what you want is complicated, the ultimate vacation cost is overly expensive, and there is no acceptable exit strategy. When you can rent early August in Newport Villas (CA) for $1,900 or the 4th of July at Custom House (Boston) for $1,400, why would anyone subject themselves to the initial investment and to the ongoing maintenance fees. Further, the cost of sufficient vacation club points to acquire these great weeks is even more expensive than the old week ownership program. I am an owner and we are experiencing some great vacations but let's not kid ourselves, we chose the most expensive approach to vacations, are tied to one approach for a lifetime, and have no reasonable exit strategy. Can another owner tell me where I am wrong? Sales people need not respond. Dennis PS - Buying great weeks at bargain prices in the aftermarket is not so bad. You can deposit/trade these thru Interval, use them, and rent them. You can't trade these weeks for Dest Pts or for Marriott Rewards Pts - not a big deal.