Report Abuse

Re: I worked at a timeshare SCAM....I want to tell you about it.

[Q=amandah223] SO, my husband and I own a timshare, we have went threw several, what appear to be scams (there was never an exchange of money-I did research first :)) BUT, is there actually any company that is not fraudulent and will sell our timeshare? And if so, is there anyway to not only cover what we owe, but to make maybe even a SMALL SMALL proffit??[/Q] I hate to be the bearer of bad news but...>90% of the timeshares out there right now have a resale value of about zero. Since you have many questions about your timeshare, I'm assuming that yours is one of the 90%. That being said, if you still have a mortgage owning on it, your chances of even giving it away (let alone making a profit) are between slim and nil. Many timeshare owners are trying to give their timeshares away and can't find takers. Dozens of timeshares are being listed all over the 'net for $1 or less and can't find buyers. As for finding a legitimate company that will sell your timeshare, go to ltrba.com. There you will find a list of licensed real estate brokers. They won't charge you anything until after the sale (i.e., they take their commission out of the proceeds of the sale, not ask you to send them their commission when the sale happens). Keep in mind however, that they charge a minimum of $1000. Since your timeshare is probably only worth a fraction of that, I would recommend just trying to sell or give it away yourself. Also, please don't be delusional about the value of your timeshare. If you think you can sell it for more than what you owe on it, then you're making yourself an easy target for scam artists. They'll make all sorts of loony claims that they can sell your unit for a large profit, get you out of your mortgage, sue the salesperson who sold you the timeshare, etc. if only you pay them some sort of fee upfront. Don't fall for any of these.