Report Abuse

Re: Diamond Resorts enormously increases the cost of Maintenance/Reserves on their resorts.

[Q=charless345] Just understand that not everyone is unhappy with DRI. There are also owners like myself who are happy. DRI is like any other timeshare in that it has its positives and negatives. I too own Marriott. They have their pluses and minuses. Many people who had weeks in the Marriott system and were adverse against it have now found it to be a plus. DRI or Marriott does not matter. The key is to learn how to use your membership in either case. Most don't learn how to use their membership and don't even use it and then complain because they are paying maintenance fees. So my advice is to learn to use your memberships first before passing judgment and learn the nuances to it. You may be suprised by what you discover. By the way, I love my DRI membership in conjunction with Marriott. The two of them work very, very well together.[/Q] So then are current happy owners the target audience for anyone looking to sell their points? I'm sure that there are many owners who would be willing to give away their points to just avoid MFs.