Report Abuse

Wyndham Buy back Program

[Q=jamesb1029] What changed in 2007? Why did things as you say, change drastically? Are you recommending not buying from a developer? [/Q=jamesb1029] Lance explained it very well above (the reason things changed drastically in the timeshare world). No, I do not recommend buying from a developer, but many people got caught up in a resort presentation and did buy before they discovered the resale market (we were caught in that web before we discovered the resale market), but we did go on to buy many resales. At least the initial developer purchase got us into timesharing and we had many wonderful vacations in very nice resorts across this beautiful country for several years until we found the area, via a timeshare vacation, where we wanted to spend the rest of our lives, so we eventually sold all of our timeshares and moved to that area. If we were still traveling and wanted to go to the same place every year (exchanging is a crap shoot these days) I would still buy on the resale market if the price was right and the maintenance fees were reasonable (however most resort's maintenance fees rise each year). Example, if I had children or relatives that live in other states and I visited them every year but didn't want to impose on them then buying a resale timeshare in the area in a nice resort would be the answer for me.