Report Abuse

Global Vacation Trade - Miami, Florida

[Q=shirleys204] All I received was a "Vacation Trade Agreement" for each 1 bedroom Vegas timeshare for trade. I have contacted the Global Vacation Trade Co. and they say they will call within 30 days from my purchase and request proof of ownership, then it will take about 4 months to put the transfer through and I will owe $425 for each unit (2). I not only agreed to trade in my (2) Tahiti Village 675 sq. ft. units, but they also charged my credit card for $13,770. I am disputing the charge, but since I am past the 5-day recision period, I probably can't do much. However, The Vida Group sales person represented I was purchasing in Nuevo Vallarta with the right to use any of the Mayan properties, but actually put The Grand Mayan in Cancun on my contract. Cost to use the 2-bedroom is $1049 per week even though I paid $78,000....I was crazy to sign up for this and think I will just take the loss of $13,770 and get out of this.[/Q] As I stated above .... no timeshare on earth is worth $78,000 even in the best economy much less in this poor economy. If you think you have been scammed by this company then you need to file a complaint with the attorney general of Florida .... you can google for contact info and you can file your complaint online. I have to ask why you would sign a contract for $78,000 and would be forced to pay $1049 per week of usage. This doesn't even sound plausible .... did this not occur to you when you signed the contract without researching backwards and forwards with that kind of money involved?