Report Abuse

Re: Interval international non-rental claus

How can you blame Redweek? They even post the exchange company rules here! I appreciate these RCI and II rules. These are the rules we all received on purchase and are on the web site that we all agree to when we become members. (Why were you surprised?) The intent is to keep [dishonest members] from taking a bunch of prime exchanges and renting them out instead of having them available for members to exchange into. I do not want others booking prime weeks to make a profit off of when members can't get many of the exchanges they want. btw... being busted doing this can have your membership cancelled and you can even be banned for life! Just because one gets away with doing this once doesn't make it ok. This time you got caught by RCI/II and now your membership is flagged to be watched. Good luck! I think you just got stuck with a bunch of weeks YOU didn't want and now have to pay for yourself. RCI scalps enough of the deposit inventory for their own rental avenues (another issue) - we don't need others doing it. If you want to buy a prime week and rent it out - all the power to you! Stay the hell away from the exchange pools. They are for members use.