Report Abuse

Re: Interval international non-rental claus

Kathy, My post was not aimed at you. It was aimed at Rond who called those who rent out mutiple weeks "slime". I took affront at his name calling. My feelings are if we own a week and can't use it ourselves (or for our family), we should be able to rent it and get something back for the maintenance we paid. I strongly feel that that should be whether we banked them or they are ours this year. A few years ago, my mom got very sick and we could not travel at all. We banked many of our weeks and expected to be able to get places we could go or rent. After paying for an II membership, an extension cost, the trade fee etc, we got a week thru them and rented it (did not even get back the maintenance fee.) The next time we listed another week on redweek and got the same letter you did. Since II did not "find" one request we asked for, we lost 4 weeks we deposited with them. Right now, I am trying to sell all my II properties and just keep the RCI properties, which I do use myself. With RCIs new way, I can at least get something near home and where we want to go even if it means two properties for one. Interval has never filled one of my requests in the past five years. BTW, when we purchased our timeshares, we were told we could bank them with II and RCI and rent them to pay the maintenances. Another lie that we believed back then. Now I will take a tape recorder if I go to any "update". My beef was and is with ROND who self righteously calls people names because they try to make something out of a bad investment. Whether they tried to use the exchange companies to get weeks they could rent or not, they still owned something to get them. Why shouldn't they be able to do so if they can? Rond and others who put down what other people try to do get me angry. We all have the same chance to get something thru the exchange companies: the dealers and the one timeshare owners. Whats the big deal. I don't do it any more because I know the "Rules" But that doesn't prevent me from not liking it and from depositing my weeks elsewhere or losing them and not putting them in II or RCI at all. Less deposited, less for exchange companies to trade or rent themselves!! Meanwhile membership fees and trade fees continue to rise. Even if one is renting, you can't even get back the maintenance costs (also rising) anymore after the fees. If those Rond calls "slime" can make anything doing what they do, good for them. I hold no animosity for them, like he does. I however do not like people who label other people with words like "slime" without knowing anything about the people and their circumstances. He just sounds jealous and ignorant to me. I keep looking back to my timeshare spiel where they showed us the graph of hotel rooms skyrocketing and us having a timeshare already paid off and vacationing for free. What they didn't tell us if exchange companies would skyrocket, maintenances and special assessments would rise extroardinarily etc. hotel prices look good now. I wonder what the spiel is now. Next time I travel, maybe I will sit through one so I can laugh my head off. This will be my last comment.