Report Abuse

Re: Interval international non-rental claus

Jay, I have been reading all the discussion on this renting of exchanges and finally get why it's banned by II and RCI. Makes sense. I also have been frustrated by it since I have been trying to help a fellow owner and II member use up their weeks and they are going to lose 2 more deposits simply becasue they cannot use them. We had tried to use them among family earlier this year but many of the desired exchanges have dried up for a variety of reasons. I can see both sides to this issue and hate to see my in laws lose out, but I will get them current soon with their reservations from the actual resort and rent them on Red Week that way. Was successful with 2 of those from their home resort so no harm done at all with those. I never really considered the commerical volume aspect to the renting of exchanges and how it hurts the rest of us who just want a nice exchange. I am too waining on being a member of II. Since the resort company recently went to points that is further controlling the ability to get quality exchanges....