Report Abuse

Re: Open Letter to Steve Cloobeck, Diamond Resorts International CEO

[Q=paulah172] I would like to get in on the lawsuit. It seems we are not the only ones in this monopoly for Steve to live off of our hard earned money that there is no way to get out of. I was so angry when I saw the Undercover Boss and thought, wow he is living the lifestyle of a king while we are busting butt working to make a living to cover our bills and our outrageous timeshare costs which have gone up every year without any way out! We even have talked to the company many of times to get out of the "Club" and conveniently enough we still haven't received the paperwork they said needs to be done to get out of it, but oddly we still receive bills! Mr. Cloobeck, you need to do the right thing for the people who have been taken advantage of. If I remember correctly, you purchased this business at just the time we bought, and we have had been nothing but screwed since that day. We would like our money back as well, and would love to be included in the lawsuit. We were even told at the time of purchase they have the "first right of refusal" to purchase it back, but when mentioning it to them, they knew nothing about it. If anyone has the info on how to be included in the class action lawsuit I would appreciate sending it to me. Paula Hill beautyforlashes@yahoo.com[/Q] Paul, You are a little late on the lawsuit. It was settled out of court. DRI agreed to extend the amount of time for owners to pay the special assessment and they also agreed to have more disclosure of who were employees and family on the Board of Directors. There were no money given back to owners. There is a copy of the letter settlement on this board. I would suggest that you read your original contract that you signed to look at how you can rid yourself of your timeshare. If you have a deed then you would have the same obligation to sell it as if you own a home. In other words you're obligated to it until you sell it. Just like banks, DRI can hold you accountable for what you signed up for. If you own points and they are paid for you can just stop paying maintenance fees and they will take away your points and you'd be done. You have a contract that you had an opportunity to read, have a lawyer to review and to rescind. Because you don't want to have it anymore, means you need to go through the appropriate steps to rid yourself of it. That is the problem with our country. We don't want to be held accountable for the stuff that we sign up for . We want the perks, but not the maintain the responsibility. Stop looking for a lawsuit to get out of your obligation. It cost us other owners money that will only go to lawyers.