Report Abuse

Re: Has anyone purchased from Vallart Gardens?

It's a hackneyed phrase, but I feel your pain. We too are in that same age bracket (my wife is already retired and I have a few more to go) and the money we could have lost would have been a big loss. It sickens me to hear that you feel you have no recourse about getting your money back at this point. In the event that you still have payments owing to these crooks, DON'T PAY THEM A PESO! Document how they have swindled you and there shouldn't be a court anywhere that would prosecute you for non-payment. Unfortunately, there are too many who have lost their "investment," and have no hope of getting anything back. American Express was our saviour and did not choose to pay the thieves. But once they have your money, I fear it is gone. I agree that there should be some governmental agency that could work to protect consumers on BOTH sides of the border. The problem is a thorny one, frought with international relations, juggling other priorities, as well as the difficult task of catching these slimy salespeople who know how to keep ahead of whatever few authorities who could make a difference. What a hard way to learn the meaning of "Buyer Beware!"