Report Abuse

Re: Manhattan Club Lawsuit

vanessa, it is not legal to stop paying maintenance fees. we all signed a legal contract to pay them annually. owners could be subject to legal action and/or penalties should the mc wish to pursue the matter. that's not the answer. i think that CONSISTENT appeals to the nys ag's office from all owners might be an answer. my take on this action (or lack thereof) is that far too few of us owners have taken the initiative to write the nys ag. this is a must-do, or we must continue to pay the mc management fees of 20-30% and stop complaining about the totally exorbitant maintenance amount for shares. [Q=vanessa175] Thank you Chris for your thoughts on these strategies. Any would be better than what is happening now. What if everyone who is unhappy with the MC just stopped paying maintenance fees. Then through legal representation pursue matters in the issues you have listed, until we get these very issues resolved? We have no other bargaining chip. We should be paying for legal fees to get us all out of this situation, instead of just handing over our timshare and thousands of dollars we paid out. How can we move forward? I'm up for any approach in getting to a better place with this timeshare. I have exchanged it for the past two years because every year I kept it, I couldn't get the nights I paid for.[/Q]